Who is our client and your future employer?
Ranked among the world’s largest petrochemicals manufacturers, it is a public company based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. With operations in around 50 countries, The company has a global workforce of over 31,000 talented individuals. The company operates through three strategic Business Units - Petrochemicals, Agri-Nutrients and Specialties. They support customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end markets such as construction, medical devices, packaging, Agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation, and clean energy.
The company’s manufacturing, sales, technology, and innovation facilities are located throughout the globe and are managed by four regional offices: the Middle East and Africa, Asia, the Americas, and Europe.
The Company invests heavily in Technology and Innovation (T&I). The T&I facilities are spread across the globe with hundreds of dedicated scientists contributing to the ongoing development of new patents and certifications.
LHR Americas recruits people from around the world to work in Saudi Arabia.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Chief Scientist to provide technology support to world scale Olefins and Aromatics plants with focus on identifying and implementing technology improvement projects for overall process optimization. Analyze key process trends and translate findings into actionable recommendations. Provide technical support and information to the team in statistical process data analysis, results interpretation, technology reports preparation, troubleshooting plant issues and developing innovative technical solutions based on in-depth Olefins and Aromatics technology knowledge and experience.
- Qualifications: Master's Degree in Chemical Engineering, PhD is a plus
- Experience: 20 years of experience in Process Technologies for Olefins and Aromatics production from various feedstock (Ethane, Propane, Butane, Naphtha etc.) including alternative technologies for steam crackers with focus on technology plant support through Process design and optimization, conceptual development, energy optimization, debottlenecking and process modeling.
- Job Specific Skills: Cracker Operations, Process Engineering, Chemical Technologes, Carbon Neutral, Project Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply robust scientific methodologies to analyze and interpret complex plant data, develop simulation, predictive modeling and analysis tools for resolving technical issues in plants.
- Identifying, developing and implementing short, mid and long-term technology projects in Ethylene Crackers (Liquid/Gas/Mixed) for improving yield quench system and energy intensity.
- Lead and manage Olefins and Aromatics plant troubleshooting efforts to ensure that accurate and effective technology solution is provided in a timely manner to address critical plant issues.
- Conduct due diligence and feasibility studies on emerging technologies and advancements in Olefins and Aromatics. Prepare technology white paper to translate technical knowledge into relevant recommendations and guidance for senior management.
- Generate new ideas and lead /assist in development of proof of concept to commercial scale.
- Support manufacturing and performance group as SME in Process Benchmarking and Gap Closure Studies.
- Support Olefins and Aromatics business in evaluation of large grassroots petrochemical complexes, capacity expansions / asset improvements, troubleshooting and strategic business initiatives.
What are the benefits you will enjoy?
- Develop your professional career in an innovative environment working with the latest technology, the most advanced tools, and the best practices.
- Two years contract, thereafter renewable by mutual agreement annually.
- If you are selected, all expenses associated to the relocation process will be borne by the employer.
- Working hours: 5 days / week (40 hours) ; The normal workdays are Sunday through Thursday, with Friday and Saturday as rest days.
- Competitive base salary
- Benefit for permanency in the company
- Free medical coverage for the employee and wife and four (4) children below 18 years of age who are staying in KSA, in hospitals and clinics designated by the company.
- Annual Paid Vacation: Twenty-two (22) working days equivalent to 30 days (Including Weekends). Twelve (12) working days of official holidays per year.
- Air Tickets: One round trip ticket (economy excursion) per year for employee, his wife and four (4) children below 18 years of age to the point of origin.
THE STAGES OF THIS PROCESS ARE:
1. Resume Evaluation:
A member of our recruitment team will evaluate that your resume matches the client's job description requirement.
Use the job description requirements to highlight your relevant experience and skills.
Be specific and describe the significance of your work, keyword alignment is important. Emphasize the impact of the work you've contributed to HR areas and tasks. Use your professional profile/resume to focus on major accomplishments and qualifications that match the job.
If your resume evaluation is suitable for this position, the recruitment team will invite you to a preliminary phone/video interview in 2-3 days.
If your resume evaluation is not suitable, you will be receiving an e-mail notification in 2-3 days.
2. Interviews Stage:
2.1 LHR Americas preliminary phone/video interview: A member of the Talent Acquisition team from LHR Americas will first schedule a call with you to discuss the details of the position, your interests, and qualifications. Furthermore, your English level will be evaluated at this stage, ONLY native or advanced speakers will approve this evaluation.
If this preliminary phone/video interview is successful, your resume will be submitted to our client.
If your preliminary phone/video interview is not successful, our Talent Acquisition consultant will inform you.
2.2 Client Face to Face interview: This interview will happen only if your resume is approved by our client, we cannot guarantee the time our client will take to approve your resume, but it should take less than a week.
If your resume is approved a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will get back to you and schedule a face-to-face meeting in a defined location. You will be told to go to the location.
The client interview contains technical questions that help assess your familiarity with problem-solving in your given field and may include a behavioral evaluation. Be prepared to explain how you approach problems and produce solutions.
If your face-to-face interview is successful, the hiring team will further evaluate your resume, decide, and then receive a conditional job offer.
If your face-to-face interview is not approved, LHR Americas will inform you.
2.3 There could be additional video interviews with hiring managers, which may also contain technical questions that help us assess your familiarity with problem-solving in your given field.
3. Conditional Offer:
A successful interview may result in a conditional offer of employment.
Conditions for employment include but are not limited to medical examinations, and permission to secure a visa to work and reside in-country.